Monday, December 6, 2010

hmmmm

I didn't realize it had been that long since I had posted!

I have been taking a class, and my teacher Diane wanted us to come up with a project.  Inspired by something I read in "The Seed Handbook" by Lynne Franks, I decided upon seeds.

Here are the results of the project so far:



I had a lot of fun experimenting with the different shapes - these are the pieces just after casting.  The sprue in the back I include, simply because Diane made the comment that it looks like the tree one would find outside a hobbit's house.

I would like to continue with the seeds idea - I greatly enjoyed the boundary of "what is a seed?" and trying to develop a vocabulary of form.  As you can see from these examples, I went all over the map.  But so far, I think I have nine in the series that are cohesive.  Or slightly cohesive.

I'll show the finished product soon - I'm excited about making these into earrings, bracelets, and pendants in various combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment