Wednesday, August 11, 2010

abandon all hope

A number of circumstances have turned me back towards my spiritual books. Most notably "Shambhala Sacred Path of the Warrior". I am also reading - from the beginning this time! - Pema Chodron's "Start Where You Are".


I am reading it from the start, trying to meditate. Flipping through the pages, I came across the heading "Abandon all hope of fruition", which was intriguing to say the least! So I took a few moments and actually read that chapter, out of order.


The heading sounds downright forlorn. But it wasn't. It was very helpful, actually. Funny, how that works. Abandon all hope - yet I feel as if a weight has been lifted.


I actually - gasp - took my painting out onto the roof deck to use natural light. It is a bright beautiful FULLY SUNNY afternoon... and the picture still came out too dark. The painting is more vibrant in person :)







(I cheated a lil - I did mess with this photo in a digital art program. Feel free to pass on any photography tips! Should I just buy brighter light bulbs?)




P.S. haha writing the tags, I just wrote out "sunshine warrior"... I like that...


_______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment