Tuesday, August 31, 2010

a modicum of success

Here is an update on the painting:


This photo was taken with the new lighting setup:


Which.... in camera, it all looked great!  Still a little dark though, once I'm looking at them on the computer.  Especially the work in progress shot depicted here.  I'm thinking... there might be an averaging thing going on, either in the camera, or when I download the pics.  Also, I realized I am trying to get accuracy and light on very high contrast... on a white white paper and a dark dark object (the green wax).  So... I'm going to have to fudge with it a bit more.

But the colors in the painting are better, so... progress was made.  Again, any tips would be welcome.  (Yes, I know the one lamp is pointed in the wrong direction.  I fixed it, no worries.)

Three desk lamps, one 3-headed floor lamp, six CFL 100W lightbulbs, and one clear storage box (diffuses the light, although there are still shadow issues) all gotten at Lowe's and I think I spent less than $100 bucks on the setup.  And the box will store all the stuff when I'm through with it!  Woot!

_______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment